Find Maine state Alzheimer’s organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care, support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
2014 Alzheimer’s Facts: Maine State
- Number of people with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis: 25,000
- Expected increase in diagnoses by 2025: 40.0%
- Number of Alzheimer’s Care Unit Beds: 640
Top Cities in Maine offering Memory CareKennebunk
Monthly costs in neighboring states
Hospice and Palliative Care
Public and private pay options for hospice care in Maine.
Affordable, accessible, quality home care and hospice services.
Nonprofit Medicare-certified agency
Promoting Excellence in End-of-Life Care
At Hospice of Southern Maine, our mission is to provide compassion, care and comfort through end of life for patients with life-limiting illnesses, and support for their families.
Area Agency on Aging
- Central Maine Area Agency on Aging/Spectrum Generations – Augusta
- Office of Elder Services – Augusta
- Eastern Area Agency on Aging – Bangor
- Southern Maine Agency on Aging. – Scarborough
- SeniorsPlus – Lewiston
- Penobscot Indian Nation – Department of Human Services – Old Town
- Passamaquoddy Tribe -Passamaquoddy Elderly Feeding Program – Perry
- Aroostook Area Agency on Aging, Inc. – Presque Isle