Find Mississippi state Alzheimer’s organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care, support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
2014 Alzheimer’s Facts: Mississippi State
- Number of people with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis: 51,000
- Expected increase in diagnoses by 2025: 27.5%
- Number of Alzheimer’s Care Unit Beds: 1,245
Monthly costs in neighboring states
Alzheimer’s Research Centers
The Washington University Knight ADRC is one of 28 centers funded or otherwise supported by the National Institute on Aging with the collective aim of facilitating advanced research on clinical, genetic, neuropathological, neuroanatomical, biomedical, psychosocial, and neuropsychological aspects of Alzheimer’s disease and related brain disorders.
Hospice and Palliative Care
State-wide non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening coordinated care for terminally ill Missourians and their families through the advancement of hospice and palliative care.
Hospice information for residents of MO.
Counties served by hospice in MO.
Hospice services and counsel.
Missouri Hospice Care Services list.
Area Agency on Aging
- Mississippi Division of Aging and Adult Services – Jackson
- Central Mississippi Planning & Development District/AAA – Jackson
- Southern Mississippi Planning and Development District – Gulfport
- North Delta Planning & Development District, Inc./ Area Agency on Aging – Batesville
- Northeast Mississippi Area Agency on Aging – Booneville
- ECPDD/Area Agency on Aging – Newton
- Three Rivers Area Agency on Aging – Pontotoc
- North Central Area Agency on Aging – Winona
- Golden Triangle Planning and Development District/Area Agency on Aging – Starkville
- Area Agency on Aging of South Delta – Greenville
- Southwest Mississippi Area Agency on Aging – Natchez