Memory Care in Alabama
Find Alabama state Alzheimer's organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care, support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
2014 Alzheimer's Facts: Alabama
- Number of people with an Alzheimer's diagnosis: 86,000
- Expected increase in diagnoses by 2025: 27.9%
- Number of Alzheimer's Care Unit Beds: 1,245
All Cities in Alabama with Memory Care Facilities
Monthly Costs of Memory Care Facilities in Alabama
Alzheimer’s Support Groups
Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama
Nonprofit resource for Alzheimer’s caregivers and patients
Alabama Senior Services – Support for Caregivers
The Alabama Cares Program provides services to assist Caregivers with the duties involved in taking care of their loved ones.
The Alzheimer’s Resource Center
Our office is available for obtaining research information, resources for caregiving, or simply to help you find your way in through the first steps of Alzheimer or dementia caregiving.
Alzheimer’s Legal Resources
The University of Alabama – Elder Law Clinic
Since the mid-1970s, students in the Elder Law Clinic have provided free legal advice and representation to individuals aged 60 and over in the seven West Alabama counties of Bibb, Greene, Hale, Fayette, Lamar, Pickens, and Tuscaloosa.
Hospice and Palliative Care
Hospice Services of Alabama
Information for patients and caregivers in need of hospice services.
Find Your Local Area Agency on Aging
- Northwest Alabama Council of Local Governments/ Dept. of Aging Services – Muscle Shoals
- West Alabama Regional Commission – Northport
- Poarch Creek Indians: Senior Services Department – Atmore
- Southern Alabama Regional Council on Aging – Dothan
- Lee-Russell Council of Governments – Opelika
- Jefferson County Office of Senior Citizen Services – Birmingham
- Central Alabama Aging Consortium – Montgomery
- South Central Alabama Development Commission Area Agency on Aging – Montgomery
- Alabama Department of Senior Services – Montgomery
- TARCOG Area Agency on Aging – Huntsville
- South Alabama Regional Planning Commission – Mobile
- North Central Alabama Regional Councils of Governments – Decatur
- East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission Area Agency on Aging – Anniston
- Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging – Calera
- Alabama-Tombigbee Regional Commission, Area Agency on Aging – Camden
Need Alzheimer’s Care?
Talk to an Advisor:
Find Memory Care Now!
Get free expert help today!
Get the latest tips, news, and advice on preventing Alzheimer’s, treatment, stages and resources.
6330 Sprint Parkway, Suite 450
Overland Park, KS 66211(866) 567-4049