Memory Care in Alabama
Find Alabama state Alzheimer's organizations, end of life resources, hospice and palliative care, support groups, legal advocacy, and more.
Alzheimer's Facts: Alabama
- Number of people 65+ with an Alzheimer's diagnosis in 2020: 96,0001
- Expected increase in diagnoses from 2020 to 2025: 14.6%
- Number of Alzheimer's Care Unit Beds: 1,3572
Top Cities in Alabama offering Memory Care
All Cities in Alabama offering Dementia Care
Monthly Costs in Neighboring States
Alzheimer’s Caregiver Resources
Nonprofit resource for Alzheimer’s caregivers and patients
The Alabama Cares Program provides services to assist Caregivers with the duties involved in taking care of their loved ones.
Our office is available for obtaining research information, resources for caregiving, or simply to help you find your way in through the first steps of Alzheimer or dementia caregiving.
Alzheimer’s Legal Resources
Since the mid-1970s, students in the Elder Law Clinic have provided free legal advice and representation to individuals aged 60 and over in the seven West Alabama counties of Bibb, Greene, Hale, Fayette, Lamar, Pickens, and Tuscaloosa.
Hospice and Palliative Care
Information for patients and caregivers in need of hospice services.
Area Agency on Aging
- Northwest Alabama Council of Local Governments/ Dept. of Aging Services – Muscle Shoals
- West Alabama Regional Commission – Northport
- Poarch Creek Indians: Senior Services Department – Atmore
- Southern Alabama Regional Council on Aging – Dothan
- Lee-Russell Council of Governments – Opelika
- Jefferson County Office of Senior Citizen Services – Birmingham
- Central Alabama Aging Consortium – Montgomery
- South Central Alabama Development Commission Area Agency on Aging – Montgomery
- Alabama Department of Senior Services – Montgomery
- TARCOG Area Agency on Aging – Huntsville
- South Alabama Regional Planning Commission – Mobile
- North Central Alabama Regional Councils of Governments – Decatur
- East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission Area Agency on Aging – Anniston
- Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging – Calera
- Alabama-Tombigbee Regional Commission, Area Agency on Aging – Camden
For Memory Care options
Please fill out the form to get Alzheimer's and dementia care information:
Get the latest tips, news, and advice on Alzheimer’s prevention, treatment, stages and resources.